At Total Immersion Swimming we focus on maximizing our energy flow through efficient mindful movement. We look to go further and faster with less caloric waste. But what about where our energy, our calories are originating? What we eat is the source of our energy and if we are not eating clean, this can also taint our energy flow.
As I grew up in a family that valued healthy organic eating and eating locally grown from food co-ops etc, I already valued eating clean and eating local, but I never truly stopped to think about the somewhat frightening and mysterious questions of what really is in our food? How is it made? How is it processed? Why don't we ever really question what we pull off the shelf in the grocery store? I just recently watched Food Inc and have been influenced by this film to commit to overhauling my food shopping and eating ways.
I believe we get accustomed to operating at less than optimal health and think that if we really committed to eating clean and consciously, that we would be surprised to discover how much our food really is affecting our mood, energy, and health.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment